Harness The Power Of Ableton Live
The Ableton Live Music Production Course runs for 12 weeks with 5 hour sessions on Wednesday's or Thursday's between 12pm - 5pm. There will be a plenty of time to work on your tracks with the tutor and each student has their very own Apple production workstation. With a maximum of only 4 students per course you will receive plenty of individual attention from your tutor. Recent SubBass Music Production students have had their tracks signed to labels such as Toolroom Records, Baroque, Kult, Shiva De-lab, Maquina Music, Pink Rabbit, Armada Music and Global Underground.
The course is split into three sections...
Section 1 – Getting to know Ableton, working with samples and building an idea.
From looking at the principles of working in Ableton Live, what makes it special and unique in the world of music software, we look at the fundamentals in a creative and efficient way, building your skill set week by week.
Section 2 – Developing your ideas into a full track and moving from Session View to Arrangement View.
From your pool of ideas and sketches we expand again and start to see full arrangements taking shape. We explore some advanced features of Live and look at more complex production techniques.
Section 3 – Completing a track and taking it further.
Those final steps to actually finishing a track are a always challenge. We look at whats required to get the job done to a high standard. We also explore the creative possibilities of remixing tracks, making edits for your DJ sets and taking your tracks live on stage as an Ableton performer.
Topics covered include:
- Building drum beats and grooves with Impulse, Simpler and Drum Racks
- Getting creative with audio clips and loops
- Ableton's midi instruments - developing music and bass ideas
- Advanced audio features and Live's audio effects
- Building scenes, recording arrangements and adding automation events
- Synthesis and sound design in Ableton Live
- Track structure and arrangement
- Advanced Ableton production techniques
- Mixing your track
- Ableton performance and working with mii controllers
- Remixing tracks, DJing with Ableton and making DJ edits
Click to enrol on next available date