Logic Pro Level 1 Music Production course - Three Month
Mondays 11am - 5pm
The Logic Pro One music production course runs for 12 weeks with a 6 hour session on Thursdays 11am - 5pm. There will be a plenty of time to work on your tracks with the tutor and each student has their very own Apple production workstation. The course is split into 2 parts, during the first part of the course you will work on how to use Logic, we will then move onto production and making your own music with Logic. We beleive that if you have a good knowledge of the program you will be better equipped to produce great music. So we will focus on developing your understanding and then teaching you how to make those killer tunes.
Logic Pro One is the perfect if you have just purchased the program and are looking to get into music production. SubBass is an Apple Authorized Training Centre for Education and you will work with our Apple Authorized trainers. Students on this course will receive the official Apple training book and can also take the Apple Lofic 101 exam which is all included in the course fee.
SubBass students get upto 50% discount on Native Instruments software!!
Recent students from this course have had their tracks signed to Toolroom records, Baroque, Kult, Shiva De-lab, Maquina Music, Pink Rabbit, Armada Music and Global Underground
The first part of the course is all about understanding and getting to grips with Logic, as we believe the better you understanding the program, thee better the music you make on it will be. So we will spend the first few sessions teaching you some key techniques that are essential to production.
- Making Music with Logic
- Recording Audio Editing
- Audio Recording
- Editing and Programming
- Programming Drums
- Flex explained
- Manipulating Tempo and Time Stretching
- Arranging the Song
Automating the Mix and Using Control Surfaces
Once you have a good understanding of Logic, we will start to create a track in your style and as we work with you to create the music we will develop your skills and understanding of production.
- Creating drums In Logic using Ultrabeat and the EXS24
- Using drum samples and Loading them into the EXS24
- Create Your Drum Groove
- How To Quantize and use Velosity to Create Swing
- Creating You Own Sound
- How to Sample and what can be Sampled
- Using Samples in Your Track
- Editing and Using Loops and Other Samples
- Changing the Tempo and Pitch of your Samples
Effects and Dynamics
- Routing and Bussing to effects
- Which Type of Effects to Use
- EQ and Compression
- Frequency Ranges for your sounds
- Giving you music room to Breathe
- Delays and Reverbs
- Setting up your Mixer In Logic
- Getting the levels right
- How to mix your track down
- Getting the Master Levels Right
- Mastering For DJs
- Output EQ, Compression and Limiting
- How to get the best out of the ESP,ES1and ES2
- The Matrix
- The Arpeggiator
- Retro Synth
- A look at 3rd Party Plug-ins
- Chord Trigger
- Creating a fat Bassline
- Melodic Patterns
- Editing waveforms, oscillators, filter & enveloping
- Track Structure
- Creating a Killer Arrangement
- Breakdowns and Drops
- How we use Automation to really give music a professional edge.
The Course will include a music industry masterclass on how to get your tracks signed, and if they are good enough we will sign them to our own Subbass label, or recommend them to one of our many Industry connections.
Thursdays 11am -5pm
The alternative to paying in full at the time of booking is paying a £200 deposit followed by 3 x payments of £406 which includes a 5% charge for paying in instalments.Enrol now
Click to enrol on next available date