With our Ableton Live Weekend Music Production Course you will get to grips with one of the most powerful and popular music production software packages on the market. Over the two days, in Sub Bass' central London tuition studios, we will cover the essentials of music making in Live. From understanding the main working interface, its tools and workflow, to making beats, creating musical parts and finally getting the track idea laid down and finished to a good standard.
This program is perfect if you are still fairly new to music production, if you have recently picked up Ableton Live or if you just want to learn the most efficient production techniques from a pro.
All classes at Sub Bass are deliberately kept small to ensure you receive the maximum one to one time with your tutor while in the studio. Your questions will be answered and you'll feel inspired after spending the weekend learning from your professional tutor, himself a vastly experienced music producer and remixer.
No musical knowledge is required or expected, please bring a USB key drive with you on the day so you can take your track away with you on completion of the course.
- Getting to know Ableton Live
- Using Samples In Ableton
- Understanding Live browser
- Creating Drum Parts
- Exploring Midi Instruments
- Understanding Programming
- Controlling Live's instruments with Velocity
- Adding Audio Effects Devices
- Aux and Insert Effects Methods
- Recording live Midi Performances
- Using Midi Controllers
- Sample Player Instruments
- Instrument Racks
- Groove and swing
- Working with Audio clips
- Using Warping functions
- Working with Midi Effects
- Working in Session View
- Creating Bass
- Ableton's synths
- Audio Recognition tools
- EQ Techniques
- Dynamic Effects
- Getting Creative
- Recording Arrangements
- Editing in Arrangement View
- Structure, Arrangement and Transitions
- Sidechain Techniques
- Track Automation
- Capturing live Events with Midi Controllers
- Rendering Audio and midi Tracks
- Mixing down and Finishing your Track
You can choose to pay the course in full or reserve your space today with a deposit of just £100 and pay the balance 2 weeks before the start date.
"I recently went through the SubBass 'making house music' and 'how to make electro and big beats' online courses and thought they were both fantastic... Overall I'd say these courses are amongst the very best resources I've ever found."Chris Graham